Custom Web Application Development
Shining Star Services LLC, located in Kansas City with clients nationwide, specializes in development of dynamic database driven web applications utilizing ASP.NET technologies. Our Senior Web Developer, Nannette Thacker, has been designing and developing custom web applications since 1997. Visit our Portfolio for examples of Case Studies, Certifications and References.
Nannette, Senior Web Developer, has extensive experience in all phases of the web application development life cycle. She has an excellent understanding of customer needs and business strategy and will work with you every step of the way -- from gathering requirements, to creating dynamic user interface design, coding object-oriented programming (OOP) class libraries and code-behind, database design, security, testing, and optional web and database hosting.
Tools & Services
- ASP.NET Framework 4.0, 3.5 SP1
- Visual Basic.NET / VB.NET, C#, Visual Studio 2010, 2008
- SQL Server Database 2008, 2005, 2000
- Oracle 11g, 10g, Oracle Data Provider for .NET
- WebForms, Web Services, DLLs
- ADO.NET, Custom Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
- SQL queries and stored procedures
- Telerik RadControls Premium Collection for .NET
- Mentoring junior colleagues
- Visual Source Safe (VSS), Rational Clearcase, Tortoise SVN
- Master Pages, Themes
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- Windows Web Server 2008 and IIS7
- XML, Object-Oriented technologies, N-Tier Development
- Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- ASP Classic to ASP.NET Conversions
- Database Design & Data Modeling
Sometimes requirements evolve and change. No problem.
Our development strategy encourages planning, development, testing, and client review by modules -- thus allowing changes in an incremental fashion. No need to wait for the entire project to be completed before seeing the finished results. With the completion of each module, the functionality is demonstrated to the client, thus encouraging any changes as we go and thus eliminating the potential for major changes at the end of the project. This approach encourages a rapid response to change and results in accelerated, agile development.
Industries and Types
- Business and Corporate
- Medical / Healthcare
- Real Estate
- Professional Services
- Social, Dating
- Resume / Job Search
- Non-Profit, Religious
- E-commerce and Internet
- Multiplayer Games